Thursday, October 23, 2008



This week at Alis school is Red Ribbon Week. She has been so excited about the red ribbons, and the crazy hat day, and the crazy hair day it is funny! Well yesterday I got in the conversation with her about what it means to say no to drugs. She told me it is saying no to bad stuff. I asked her what the bad stuff might be. She answered that it was probably the smokers stuff. AKA cigarettes! I thought that was pretty good. I told her there are lots of things that make our bodies really sick, and it isn't good to take them. I explained that many people might try and give her things like cigarettes or alcohol and she should say NO! I was pretty proud of my conversation with her.

Well when Fro got home she showed him her ribbon, and told him about this week. He said, "Do you know what it means to say no to drugs?" She replied with a little shortened version of our discussion, added that you say "NO THANK YOU", I was so proud. Then Fro went on to explain in GREAT detail about Marijuana, Cocaine, Prescription pills, Alcohol and many other drugs that would make her sick. And that some make you feel good, but they DON'T! He continued to explain it to her and I had a hard time refraining from laughing because he was very explanatory in every way. As he finished he came and sat down by me and without laughing I said, "That was good, now maybe tomorrow you can cover puberty!" Fro turned to Ali and said, " Okay Ali tomorrow we are going to talk about a thing called Puberty okay!" and it was hilarious as Ali said, "PUberty Smuberty!"

We'll give her some time to take in the whole Drug Talk!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

That's great to know your husband can be so detailed in his explanations. Save all the sex talks for him. Haha.